Making the "Folder View" widget less ugly.

Scott Beamer geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Fri Dec 19 03:34:55 GMT 2008

pkaplan1 at comcast.net TOP POSTED the following as quoted:

> Just hang in there for ~6 more weeks. 4.2 provides an option for a
> traditional desktop look. It even lets you have a traditional desktop
> (with folder icons) and folder view widgets on top of that!

That's good to hear. I can't help but wonder why this (and any number of other things) wasn't in KDE 4.0.....

On the other hand, I consider KDE 4.0 to really be KDE 4.0 beta somethingorother.

KDE 4 hasn't been anywhere near useable till it got to 4.1 (not unlike many Windows programs).

On a related note, my wait for KDE 4.2 will be longer than 6 weeks, unless I wait  to install a development/beta/alpha version of a Linux distro (none of the 4 I frequently use will have a new release for some time now).

Scott