Usage of screen real estate in 4.2

Fri Dec 19 09:41:09 GMT 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 08:22, Scott Beamer <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:

> 1024x768 is soooo 20th century... ;)

Thinkpad X31. Though it will be even worse for Netbooks and smaller
devices like smartphones, the Pandora, the N810, etc.

> Just out of curiosity I took a look at the Windecos in KDE 4.1.3 and I noticed that the default settings on the "Crystal" theme make for a pretty small Windeco and you can also shrink the title bar height from the default setting of 19.  So you could make it pretty tiny if you chose to.

I will need to find out how to shrink decorations. Thanks for the hint.

> System Settings ---> Look & Feel ----> Appearance ---> Style

Aye, that works. Thanks :)

> System Settings ---> Look & Feel ----> Appearance ---> Icons
>
> Then click on the "advanced" tab and select "Toolbar".  To the right of that is a button that you can change the icon size with (the smallest I see here is 16. It's set by default to 22 - at least in Fedora's KDE 4.1.3).

That setting is ignored. I mentally re-scheduled looking at it for 4.1.4
or 4.2. Given the schedule, I will probably wait for 4.2.

Richard