Kuickshow in KDE 4?

Alejandro Exojo suy at kurly.org
Fri Dec 12 23:14:20 GMT 2008

El Domingo, 7 de Diciembre de 2008, Richard Hartmann escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> as the last relevant thread is half a year in the past, I think it's OK
> to ask the same question again:
>
> Will there be a kuickshow in KDE 4 at some point? Will there be
> a replacement? gwenview is OK, but what I am looking for is a
> no-frills image viewer. Everything else just grinds my personal
> photo workflow to a halt.

There is a kuickshow using KDE 4 libraries in extragear/graphics. I can say
that compiles and runs well (and it's as fast as expected), but I can't say
if it's as stable as the KDE 3 version. In my quick test it seems OK.
Applications in extragear should be stable AFAIK, but possibly no packager
has interest in it, so the sources are your only choice right now.

There isn't many activity in the repository, but it seems that Carsten
Pfeiffer, its author, is still maintaining it, which is great.

I also _need_ kuickshow or a really similar application, I'm too used to it,
and I can't think of using gwenview as a substitute because it's not, it's a
different application with a different target. And unfortunately, I like more
the old version of gwenview. :-(

PS: I knew a bit of Debian packaging, but my skills are probably very rusty,
so I'm thinking in stepping up in creating a ".deb" if several people wants
me to. But no promises yet. ;-)

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2