Adding new locations to Kweather

John Layt john at layt.net
Fri Aug 29 19:54:32 BST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Kweather does not have my city, and the closest city that it does list
> is too far away to have the same weather. How can one add additional
> cities to Kweather? I do know that online weather data is available
> for my city (Haifa, Israel) because I have added that city to the
> weather app on my PocketPC device.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Dotan,

Which version of KDE are you using, 3 or 4?  KDE itself doesn't supply the
weather data, we just tap into various internet weather services.  In KDE3,
weather feeds are restricted to those supplied by NUMA/METAR which outside the
USA is largely restricted to major airports.  In KDE4, far more weather
service engines have been implemented so you can try switching providers to
something like the BBC which may have Haifa.  If none of the current KDE4
engines have Haifa and you know of an Israeli service that provides Free feeds
you can try contacting the current maintainer of the weather engines to ask
him to implement the service.

But I'm not sure why you would need a weather feed for Haifa, if the weather
the time I visited is anything to go by it's always sunny and hot :-)

Cheers!

John.