since Fedora 9 and KDE 4.0.5, my taskbar popups/toolips

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 23 19:33:39 BST 2008

On Saturday 23 August 2008 19:15:50 Kishore wrote:
> On Saturday 23 Aug 2008 11:32:59 pm landon kelsey wrote:
> > I think I'll just wait for 4.2...thanks!
>
> Ultimately, the choice is yours but personally i would recommend that you
> try 4.1. It is very usable IMHO. Anyone here can tell how f9 can be
> upgraded to 4.1 instead of the 4.0.5 that landon currently uses?

Fedora's 4.1 is on the test list, but since that is well-advanced inn F10
work, I wouldn't recommend getting it from there unless you are quite
experienced.

4.1 should have been on the mainstream mirrors by now, but the RH/Fedora
compromise problems have delayed it.  I'd say 'hang on for a few days' and
the packages should then be available on the Fedora mirrors.  I know they
were on the point of releasing them when all this happened.

Anne