Trying to control Konq profile

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Mon Aug 18 21:07:21 BST 2008

On Monday 18 August 2008 21:45, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Anne Wilson said the following at 08/18/2008 01:07 PM :
> > Then I must be misunderstanding you.  what is this about:konqueror
> > screen? The only one I have is the one that shows version, authors and
> > translators.
>
> Well, all I know is that when I type "about:konqueror" in the address bar,
> I get a pretty screen with a few things to click, one of which is a little
> house, which sends me to my home directory.
>
> > Strange.  It works on this laptop - Mandriva 2008.1 with kde4.  And it
> > worked on 2008.0 with kde3 - and earlier versions, but I can't remember
> > how far back I first did it.
>
> Maybe you can post your profile file (or at least the [Profile] portion of
> it, and I can simply adapt it.
>
> Although if you don't see the same screen as I do when you do
> "about:konqueror", then I'm not sure how easy it will be to adapt it. If I
> bypass the "about:konqueror" screen, I can get tree views just fine.
>
>   Doc

Hi Doc. I just fired up Fedora 9, and opened konqueror, and the page you're
referring to appears to be the default page when konqueror opens. I say this
because I typed about:konqueror, and nothing changed. I then typed
about:plugins, and got a list of plugins. Then I typed about:konqueror again,
which brought me back to the initial screen.

If this is the same one as you're referring to, I've got the little house for
the home/user folder (and that works). there are also icons for, "Trash",
"Network Folders", and "Applications", and below the icons, one line, as
below, which starts with an arrow.

Next: An Introduction to Konqueror

Nigel.