kded, DCOP and mysteries

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 16 21:55:58 BST 2008

This started with a message that I must allow cookies in konqueror, in order
to use a secure site, but cookies are already allowed.  When someone pointed
me to it I discovered that the cookie jar is not running.  I have, from time
to time, come across notices that DCOP could not be reached.  Now, after
killing kded, when I try to restart it I get 'FATAL: DCOP communication
problem!
Aborted'

What's going on, and what should I do about it?

Anne