What decides the plasma panel configurations?

Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin) franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Sat Aug 2 10:50:48 BST 2008

Kishore 在 Saturday 02 August 2008 17:27:11 時寫道:
> On Saturday 02 Aug 2008 2:35:26 pm Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin) wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply!
> >
> > But I still wonder how to configure the panel's size in vertical.  In one
> > of my machine I have two rows icons, while other two machines got one row
> > for everything.  How could I set it to contain two rows of icons?
>
> I don't think there is any explicit way to set two rows (for the system
> tray). I think if the panel vertical space is large enough, it will fill in
> two rows.
> To change the panel size there is a new mechanism in kde4. Right click on
> some empty space or on a panel widget and select panel settings. A second
> bar above the panel should appear. You can now drag the top edge of this
> bar to modify the size of the panel.

Ahh... finally.  In this way to change panel size, it is more intuitive to set
horizontal size than vertical size.  For horizontal size it has an indicator,
but for vertical it has nothing.

Thanks for answering me!!  I love KDE 4.1. :-)

Regards,
Franklin