KDE4 won't accept my password

Tue Apr 29 16:04:08 BST 2008

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 19:24:47 Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:
> I am using Kubuntu, and have the KDE 3.5 desktop working fine. AS you
> may know, Kubuntu requires you to use your password any time you need to
> do an administrative task. In KDE3.5, that is no problem at all. But
> when I tried to go into KDE4, everytime I try to do anything, my
> password gets rejected. Any ideas of how I can fix this?

I knew this problem once existed as kdesu was expecting root password and not
sudo user password. Im surprised this still exists though. Which version of
kubuntu are you on? if you are on 8.04, may i suggest that you uninstall
kdesu[do]  and install kdesudo-kde4 for a better experience.
--
Cheers!
Kishore