kde games

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Apr 28 17:00:17 BST 2008

On Tuesday 22 April 2008, nicolas compton wrote:
> hi all!
> i'm a total newby to linux and kde, so i just wanted to ask some advice.
> i downloaded a package of games for kde (since there were none included
> with my kubuntu 7.10 install, and i can't get my usb modem to talk to
> kubuntu), and when i ran the config file, following the instructions in the
> package, it returned an error message. i'm attaching the config log so that
> you can look over it, and i was hoping you would be able to advise what i
> need to do to get a successful install. the site i downloaded from is
> www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/kde/kdegames.html thanx in advance!
> nic

I think it will be easier to download the already packaged games, i.e. the
respective .deb files.

I am not sure which version of KDE Kubuntu 7.10 uses, but usually this can be
determined by using "About -> KDE" in any KDE program.

http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/k/kdegames/
(you can replave "us" with other country abbreviations to get a mirror close
to you)

Additionally it might be more helpful to ask on a Kubuntu forum or
mailinglist, since people there can provide you with distributions specific
answers, e.g. special Kubuntu tools, etc

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring