How to prevent konqueror from running executables with double click?

David david.maillists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 15:45:47 BST 2008

Hello,

I have a problem. I write a C code foo.c, I build it to foo, and then I run
foo on the konsole with ./foo. Sometimes, the execution can take a lot of
hours and directs the output to some files.

My problem is that sometimes I want to have a look to the source foo.c but,
my mistake, I double click on foo, so foo is run and all my output files
reset, so I have to wait for a lot of hours again :-(

Is there any way to prevent konqueror from running executables with double
click?

But, what I do not want, is that it affects the normal execution of other
programmes (firefox, amsn, etc). I do want these programmes to be run with
double click.

Also, I want to be able to run foo on the konsole (so do not suggest that I
change the permissions :-)  ).

Thank you.

David