Missing apps on KDE main menu (Gutsy Gibbon)

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Apr 6 18:37:51 BST 2008

Konquerorsu (superuser filemanager) is missing (along with a load of other KDE
apps) from KDE's main menu on Gutsy Gibbon (Kubuntu).

If I go to /usr/share/applications/kde, I can drag konquerorsu to the desktop,
but it won't copy to the actual desktop. It does show up though in
the /home/user/desktop directory, and clicking on it, it brings up the box
asking for password, and upon entering the password opens up the superuser
version of konquerors filemanager.

I've tried various incantations of creating a link to application for it, but
with no success.

Questions:

1: Is there a way to update KDE's main menu, so as to include all KDE apps
that are installed?

2: Specifically. How do I get konquerorsu onto the actual desktop, so that I
can launch it from there?

3: This is my fault for not writing down the command, but the command that
ends up with sycoca IIRC fixed this problem in the past, but I can't remember
the complete command.

KDE version is: 4:3.5.8-0ubuntu2.2

Thanks for any help.

Nigel.