Keyboard control of system tray

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Sat Apr 5 22:48:27 BST 2008

Op zaterdag 05 april 2008, schreef Dotan Cohen:

Hi,

> How can a program that is docked in the system tray be brought to the
> forefront? For instance, applications such as Ktorrent and Amarok can
> run with icons in the system tray but no entry in the taskbar. As they
> do not appear in the taskbar, Ctrl-Tab will not bring them forward.
> How is this done, then?

Normally this isn't possible, unless the application itself supports it. With
Amarok, for example, you can assign a shortcut to show/hide the player
window. For me this is Win+P, but I can't remember if this was default, you
should check that in the shortcut settings.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)