Konq or linux dns problem

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 15:05:32 BST 2007

Hi
Think I've been here before but this started happening a couple of weeks ago.

Many web pages are sloooooooooooooow ever so slow. Looking with ethereal a dns
request is sent out to tiscali's primary dns server. No reply for 5 secs so
the secondary is tried and the address comes back within 25mSec. I have my
router set to use the tiscali numbers - 212.74.112.66 and 67. 67 is the
secondary. I've switch the addresses round in the router to use 67 first but
the system still uses 66 first. Me thinks something in my system is doing
this and not using the router as it should.

The router is a draytek vigor 28000. (adsl 2+ ready.)

Any comments? How can I fix it. Pages can take ages to come up as lots use
source from many many servers. Bit like the ipv6 problem from a while ago.

The problem may have come about because of a suse upgrade. I've had a simular
problem with a router that would automatically detect the dns server. It
looked like some web tracker was spoofing it which is why I put the addresses
in the router.

--
Regards
John