Fwd: Help with configure kde 4 beta 2

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Sep 5 13:03:27 BST 2007

On Wednesday 05 September 2007, Troy Unrau wrote:
> I'm forwarding this message to the kde mailing lists to see if anyone
> there knows. Please also make sure that you're following the KDE
> Techbase instructions on building KDE 4 pretty closely.

Thanks Troy!

I think Marco already posted here yesterday, but nobody has answered yet.
Sometimes questions take a bit longer than 24 hours to be answered :)

> You don't seem to have 'make' or 'gmake' in your PATH.
> Cannot proceed.

Which is pretty weird. One thing to check is whether the environment variable
PATH has been changed, i.e. no longer including /usr/bin
Change to some directory which doesn't contain any makefile and run make
manually. Should output a make error if it can be executed.

Anyway, I'd rather check if your distribution does have Qt 4.3 available as
packages.
Building Qt takes quite some time :)

Cheers,
Kevin