Konsole unable to start xapps as root in Archlinux

Ryo Furue furue at hawaii.edu
Sat Oct 20 02:52:42 BST 2007

Hi Nigel,

| Hi Ryo. I'm really trying to find what the Archlinux guys have done
| so that KDE's Konsole cannot open Xapps when su'ed to root.
|
| I've no problem on my Fedora, and Debian installs. I can su to root on
| Konsole, and open kwrite, kate, gedit, synaptic, and you name it.

That's interesting.  (Sorry I didn't read your previous messages
carefully and didn't realize that that was what you are really trying
to solve.)

It's interesting, because I'm using the testing distribution of
Debian, and I can NOT su to root and open kwrite, kate, or and GUI
program, without the xauth trick I mentioned.

So, I'm really curious why you can do that on your Fedora
and YOUR Debian.

I understand that this is off topic for this KDE forum,
but if you find any clue, I'd appreciate it if you forward
it to me (or us).

Cheers,
Ryo