Cannot disable screen locking automatically

Derrich Hafemann derrich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 23:45:44 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm using KDE 3.5.7 and I'm having trouble disabling the automatic
screen locking. My desktop is in my bedroom, and the only other people
who are ever in my apartment I completely trust, and I have no need
for the screen to ever be locked. It's an annoyance more than anything
else, especially when I'm trying to watch a DVD or something. I don't
*ever* want the screen to lock.

I've disabled both the screen saver and monitor power saving from the
Contol Center. When that didn't work, I kept the power saving option
checked, but all of the values at "Disabled". Still no luck.

I've made these changes and re-started KDE cleanly, and I have no
luck. I've posted about this at a couple of forums, and got nowhere.

Am I missing something? I searched through the mailing list archives
and didn't find anything about this particular issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Derrich