How to place the desktop switcher in the taskbar instead of in the panel?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Nov 21 21:03:38 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 November 2007, David wrote:
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> Maybe there is a misunderstanding? I have the panel at the top, and a
> taskbar of the panel at the bottom.
>
> It is more comfortable to have the windows' switcher at the bottom, that is
> why the task bar is at the bottom.
>
> And that is why I would like the desktop switcher at the bottom as well,
> that is why I would like to have it on the taskbar.

Ah, sorry, I mixed this up.

However the resolution is still the same, i.e. the desktop switcher is also
just a panel applet (Kicker applet) and can be added to any panel, e.g. the
main panel as well as any child panel.

So you can have the main panel at the top, add a child panel and put it at the
bottom. Then add the two applets to the bottom panel and remove them from the
top panel.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring