Unable to start up KDE due to hanging with a black desktop and movable mouse cursor.

Phillip Pi ant at zimage.com
Sun Nov 18 21:20:09 GMT 2007

Hi again.

I tried without a /etc/X11/xorg.conf and then tried no NVIDIA driver
(just VESA). I still got the hang. So it can't be X11 issue. With no
NVIDIA driver, I did the lsof, ps aux, .xsession-errors, and strace
again without NVIDIA:

http://pastey.net/77574 ... Also, see
http://www.kde-forum.org/thread.php?threadid=17919 for other
experimentations and logs as well.

I still don't see anything interesting, but then I am not a
programmer/developer. :(

Help is welcomed since I am desperate to get KDE working. I hate Gnome!!
Thanks in advance. :)