Problem running kcontrol from menu

Ryan Daly daly at ctcnet.net
Tue Nov 13 18:06:33 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 16:36 -0500, Ryan Daly wrote:
> > Actually this might be the cause.
> >
> > I found another posting by David Faure on this matter [1], basically a follow
> > up on the thread you linked to in your first posting.
> >
> > Since David seemed to believe it might be caused by the distro's menu files
> > and, if I remember correclty from one of your other postings, you are running
> > Fedora, I am adding Rex to CC.
>
> Yes.  I'm running FC7 at the moment.
>
> I'll be trying this on a RHEL 5 Desktop client, too.  I'll update
> accordingly.

I tried this on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.1 (Tikanga)
and found things to be a bit different.

Removing "Core" from the list does not change anything.  Leaving the
Categories line blank does nothing, either.

The only way I could get things to work was to add another valid
Category to the list.  Right now, I have:

Categories=Qt;KDE;Core;X-KDE-information;

If you'd like me to try anything else, please let me know.