smb://

Hans van der Merwe hvdmerwe at sunspace.co.za
Mon May 28 08:57:40 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 18:53 +0200, Alexander wrote:
> On Friday 25 May 2007, Hans van der Merwe wrote:
> > Ye, sure, MS makes up "standards" as they go along, but I dont see them
> > conforming anytime soon, so I think KDE must pickup the ball.
>
> NO!
>
> KDE/Linux... can't to do things worse only to comply with MS imho!
> Sure more exchange would be cool but for example when Outlook Express is just a "ยง$%&/(
> Email-Client then KMail should not turn to more OE-like mails or? (-:

Well, if everyone in the world (basically the 85 odd percent off windows
users) upgrade tomorrow to a new MS email client that formats mails in
some strange MS-HTML-standard - the first thing that will happen is
GMail will start supporting it - meaning most people will have it -
which means the Linux community WILL have to support it - thats how the
world is today - that does not mean we should not fight it - but Linux
must play along to stay relevant.
I also want all online music to be in OGG format, but who on this list
does not have a MP3 and WMA decoder installed?

E-Mail disclaimer:
http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm