Migrating my KMail to a new machine.

Howard Coles jr dhcolesj at comcast.net
Tue May 22 04:00:33 BST 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007 01:50:13 pm Tim Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 May 2007 01:55, Franklin wrote:
> > configuration:
> > ~/.kde/share/config/kmail*
> >
> > mail data:
> > ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail
> >
> > copy the above folders and you'll keep your configuration and mail.
> > Of course you'd better backup your ~/.kde first if possible, just in
> > case.
>
> Thank you Franklin.
> Tim

Oh yes, and by all means DO NOT Forget (EVEN IF you don't use kontact) in
the "config" directory:
"emaildefaults"
and
"emailidentities"

Also, if you use kontact you may need a few more files.

in the "config" directory:
kontact files of course,
korg*
kmail*
kaddress*
knotify
knotesrc (if you used them)

These are where kmail and kontact put the "who you are" stuff.
in the "apps" directory you'll need the following:
kabc
kcal (not sure what part it plays but my calendar didn't work just right until
I copied this over, but it could be a coincidence)
kmail
korganizer
knotes (if you used them)

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

If "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise,"
I must have stayed up too late, and stayed in bed too long!

http://home.comcast.net/~dhcolesj