KMail

Bill Wells hammer29 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 22 03:55:39 BST 2007

On Saturday 12 May 2007 10:03, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> On Saturday 12 May 2007, Bill Wells wrote:
> > Kevin,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.  Your questions dutifully answered.
> >  As I said, this problem is random.  Did not recur for 8 days.
>
> It could be triggered by some specific kind of threading, e.g. one
> participating mail client using wrong/bad references or something like
> this.
>
> Unfortunately this makes it a difficult thing to fix, since developers need
> to be able to reproduce it relyably to debug and to make sure a potential
> fix is really fixing the problem not just making it harder to trigger :)
I have been waiting and watching for the recurrence:
	the offending sender is : openoffice.org (s006.sjc.collab.net [204.16.104.2])
 				list-help: <mailto:users-help at openoffice.org>
The threading is always in this format:
	[users] [foo]
	     Re: [users] [foo]
	     Re: [users[ [foo]

any other threading; e.g.
	[users] [foo]
	     Re: [users] [foo]
	           Re: [users[ [foo]
does not trigger the 'infinite loop'

I have one set of messages that cause the problem left on my system.  Live
with it? file a bug?

> > On Saturday 05 May 2007 03:34, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > > This is the normal visualization of the deletion process, but it is
> > > usually so fast that one doesn't see it.
> >
> > I see it every time!  Is my system that slow?  or do I have something
> > slowing down kmail?
>
> No, actually I see it all the time as well. It is just so fast that I
> usually only recognize it when the deletion process takes long enough to
> make me wait for its completion :)
>
> > > Does it also occur when using the DEL key?
> >
> > Yes
>
> Thought so, just asked to make sure it isn't triggered by some weird focus
> shift problem when clicking outside the message list.

> > > Which version are you using?
> >
> > Slackware 11.0 KDE 3.5.4
>
> This might have been fixed in one of the newer 3.5 versions, but I wouldn't
> know what key words to look for in the bug tracking system.

Bill Wells