Problem with Kubuntu

Miquel ktalanet at yahoo.es
Fri May 11 13:19:58 BST 2007

En/na Bram Schoenmakers ha escrit:
> Op woensdag 09 mei 2007, schreef Miquel:
>
>> Hi there
>>
>> I have a weird problem with my Kubuntu. I had Dapper Drake installed and I
>> :
>>
>>      - Copied all $HOME folder content to another workstation.
>>      - Installed Feisty Fawn removing Dapper Drake.
>>      - Restored the content of the new $HOME with the content of the old
>> $HOME.
>>
>> Just that and I connect to internet with kppp, surf by the internet with
>> Mozilla Firefox, ping everywhere and other things but I can't do
>> anything with konqueror, kmail or kopete (kopete doesn't connect with
>> messenger server, kmail tells me that there are no new mals and
>> konqueror can't found pages so it seems to be a problem of KDE's apps).
>>
>> Does anybody know what can be happening?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Best regards
>>

> Already checked the Internet settings in the KDE Control Center (kcontrol)? It
> could be a proxy for example.
>
> Kind regards,

Hi there

I wanted to send this email this morning but I had a lot of work.

Yesterday I found the problem. There is a problem (and I think there is
a bug opened in Ubuntu system) with the ppp protocol and the KDE
applications when the KNetworkManager is alive( if you try to surf in
the net using Firefox ok, if you try it with konquerror problem...kill
knetworkmanager process and Konqueror will surf ok), so if you kill this
process, all KDE apps will work correctly (I hope I could avoid people
spend three hours in front of a workstation with kppp internet
connection (it sucks).

You can detect if this is your problem because no KDE app works with
internet except kopete using the Jabber connector.

Thanks

Best regards

    Miquel