Taskbar and system tray

sam mirshafie at gmail.com
Wed May 9 22:25:57 BST 2007

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> It would be nice if the window list / Alt-tab could be forced (by holding a
> modifier or somesuch) to show applications that only show in the system
> tray.

It would not be a solution for the taskbar problem, but there should be a way
to access tray icons from the keyboard anyway :)

Justin Denick wrote:
> You're right about that. Maybe KDE 4 will do it with the KXDocker. I have it
> installed on Gentoo and kde 3.5.6 it works very well and the icons do give
> more functionality, plus there are a bunch of optional plugins.
> When amarok plays it actually brings up the cover art for the artist.
> There's too much good to say about it. Aside from being a pain to get
> running, it's a sweet package.

It's a shame that KXDocker 1.x requires a composite extension. I want a
simpler taskbar, not necessarily a more smooth looking one :) Well, I might
install a composite extension some time and then I'll definitely try out
KXDocker 1.x.

Sam