Screen resolution

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed May 9 14:37:24 BST 2007

On 2007/05/09 13:00 (GMT+0300) Dotan Cohen apparently typed:

> I just noticed that my Dell Inspiron laptop, which bills it's screen
> as 1400x1050,

If Dell says it's 1400x1050, that's probably what it is, and what should be
used by X. What model is it?

> actually has 1680x050 usable pixels.

How did you make this determination? 1680x1050 is a widescreen format
suitable only for widescreen displays. 1400x1050 is a standard 1.33:1 format
for normal format displays only.

--
"The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining
ever brighter till the full light of day."	Proverbs 4:18 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409