desktop effects

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue May 8 11:01:45 BST 2007

On Dienstag, 8. Mai 2007 +0100, Mihamina (R12y) Rakotomandimby wrote:
> Hi,
> All (no, let's say most) desktop effects screenshots I see are running
> GNOME. I am interested on running the cube and the "elastic windows" but
> full Qt/KDE (no Gtk-ish things somewhere).

As Patrick and Boyd already pointed out you can just as easily use those
Windowmanager+Compositemanager programs with KDE (they work outside the
normal applications, i.e. applications don't need to know that they are
there)

> May be on KDE 4? KDE is not interested on the cube?...

KDE4's version of KWin (KDE's Windowmanager) will also be a Compositemanager,
i.e. able to apply such effects. For examples see Lubos Lunak's blogs on
www.kdedevelopers.org, usually titled "News from Wobblyland"

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring