konqueror: copying files in sequence

Ryo Furue furue at hawaii.edu
Tue May 8 05:12:50 BST 2007

Hi Pawel,

I have only a partial solution to your question.

| Is it possible to tell Konqueror to copy files in sorted order. Why?
| When I copy directory with some mp3 files to my mp3 player I want
| them be ordered by name, because my mp3 player gets them in the
| order saved in filesystem.

I think you misunderstand the situation.
Files aren't ordered.  (At least, not in a order you are familiar
with.)  It is the applications that present ordered "views."
For example, Konqueror usually displays files in the alphabetical
order of their filenames.  But, you can instruct Konqueror to display
them sorted by their sizes, for example.  The fact is, the underlying
order in the filesystem has nothing to do with names or sizes.
If your mp3 files are presented in a particular order in your mp3
player, therefore, it is your mp3 player that is presenting the
order, not the underlying filesystem.

I don't know much about multimedia players, so the following
is mostly my guess:  The kind of ordering you want in a multimedia
player is often called a "playlist".  So, I guess that what you
need is to find out how to copy your playlist along with
your mp3 files.  I guess such a thing depends on your mp3 player.

Cheers,
Ryo