Changing Scroll Bar Width / Extent

Bogus Zaba bogus at bogzab.plus.com
Thu Mar 29 05:58:30 BST 2007

spiff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to change the default Scroll Bar Width / Extent in KDE, (across
> all apps if possible, else Konqueror / Kmail).
>
> This is to provide accessibility for an elderly user.
>
> could someone point me in the direction of where i could find such info?
>

> thanks very much,
>
> spiff

Somebody on the list recently answered a very similar question with the
information that the 'Polyester' widget style allows you to set widths
of scroll bars within quite large bounds. I downloaded the style from
www.kde-look.org and it did indeed work as advertised. You just need to
be aware that different aspects of the user interface are customisable
to differing extents depending on the widget style ("Window
Decorations")  you chose.

Bogus