Changing Scroll Bar Width / Extent

Peter Wiersig peter at friesenpeter.de
Wed Mar 28 09:55:11 BST 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 08:05:08AM +0100, spiff wrote:

> I'd like to change the default Scroll Bar Width / Extent in KDE, (across
> all apps if possible, else Konqueror / Kmail).

The scrollbars are drawn by a widget style engine.

You can choose the engine with "kcmshell style".

There is the HighContrast style which provides larger widgets and
you may find a style from www.kde-look.org which provides igger
scrollbars ore have configurable widths.

This would then be active in all KDE/Qt applications. With the
"gtk-qt-engine" you could also use these styles within
gtk+ applications.

Peter