konqueror - enable/disable plugins

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Mar 28 19:36:22 BST 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 19:38, T E Schmitz wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> >>
> >>I have Flash 9.0.r31 as downloaded from Adobe. I tried the above with
> >>Mozilla, Firefox, Galeon, Epiphany, Konqueror - none of them display the
> >>BID-ASK values, just the flashing background colour. The price is kind
> >
> > Well I updated flash-plugin on Etch. I had to mess about a bit, as my
> > Etch was upgraded from Sarge, and a lot of stuff, including the
> > flash-plugin, and Firefox wasn't directly available from the Debian
> > repos.
>
> I am on Etch testing, too.
>
> > Anyway. Now I have installed flashplugin-nonfree 9.0.31.0.1 , which as it
> > says is from the nonfree Debian repo. This downloaded the plugin from
> > Adobe, and installed it.
>
> I downloaded straight from Adobe.
>
> > I've tried it out with Konqueror, and the site still works fine, as it
> > does on FC2. The site asks for 1 cookie to be accepted, which I ok, and
> > the box
>
> I accept all cookies.

I tried the site out using Opera, and it works ok, also I have upgraded
Firefox directly from the Mozilla site, and now have version 2.0.0.3. This
also displays the site ok. I did have to create a couple of softlinks
to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins for the flash stuff from /usr/local/firefox,
where I put the firefox directory.

Perhaps there is a problem with the flash-plugin you downloaded directly from
Adobe, but it doesn't make much sense, as the Debian nonfree repo downloads
it from the same site.

This is my /etc/apt/sources.list for Debians repo.

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free

It may be worth removing the flashplugin you installed directly from adobe,
and reinstalling using Debian's non-free repo. Personally I don't see what
difference this will make, but as I have Konqueror, Opera, and Firefox
accessing the site you're having problems with, it might be worth a try.

Nigel.

Totally OT. Where does your name Tarlika come from? That is really nice, and
have never seen it before.