konqueror - enable/disable plugins

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Mar 28 13:27:46 BST 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 14:17 +0100, T E Schmitz wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:

> > The values from settings -> configure Konqueror are saved when you click
> > the apply or OK button.
> > There is a Konqueror plugin/extension that allows to override these on a
> > runtime per-window basis (package konq-plugins or kdeaddons depending on
> > your distribution).
>
> I am on Debian and have kdeaddons installed already. How do I change the
> plug-ins on the fly?

Lets say you have plugins disabled globally, this should work:

Tools -> HTML Settings: check "Plugins"

on a German KDE

Extras -> HTML Einstellungen -> Module

Then reload the page (e.g. pressing F5 or clicking the reload icon)

I regularily use this for enabling JavaScript, so I hope it works for plugins
as well :)

> >>The other dilemma I face is that I have one website which requires Flash
> >>7 and another which requires Flash 8.
> >
> > Shouldn't that be compatible? I currently use the Flash 9 plugin and
> > haven't encountered any problems yet.
>
> I know one site which is not fully working with Flash 9 any longer. I
> have not yet tested this in Konqueror yet, only Mozilla.

Interesting. Is this site available to the public?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring