How to see total number of filesin Directory with subdirectories

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sat Mar 10 22:16:49 GMT 2007

On Saturday 10 March 2007 22:32, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday 10 March 2007 22:27 +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:

> > > Right click the folder and open its properties window
> >
> > That unfortunately only gives me the size of the directory, including
> > files in all subdirectories, but move on down.
>
> Works for me, i.e. produces the same number of files the commadline
> solution finds
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

I was trying it on Fedora Core 2, using KDE 3.2.2-14.FC2.legacy Red Hat. I'll
try it again when I boot into Fedora Core 5 with a much later version of KDE,
and Konqueror.

That's the problem with using ancient distro's, but the CLI commands still
work on them. The power of the command line.

Thanks for the reply.

Nigel.