Printer config - KDE Control Module

Ryo Furue furue at hawaii.edu
Thu Mar 8 21:09:49 GMT 2007

Hi,

| If they have Windows 2000/XP it should be possible to use IPP
| directly, right?

I think so.  It's only the matter of Linux's granting permission to
IPP clients. (I suppose that cupsd is already running on the Linux
machine in question.)  I certainly use IPP on my Windows-XP machines
to print stuff through Unix (Solaris) servers.

I found this article

  http://www.owlfish.com/thoughts/winipp-cups-2003-07-20.html

which tells you how to set up the CUPS daemon to accept IPP
connections, although I'm not sure how up-to-date the article is.

Cheers,
Ryo