[kdepim-users] Using KAddressBook with Thunderbird

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 14:09:04 BST 2007

On 26/06/07, Boyan Tabakov <blade.alslayer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 June 2007 15:38:41 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Although I have abandoned Kmail for Thunderbird, I still prefer
> > KAddressBook to Tbird's address book. How can one configure
> > KDE/KPIM/Kontact to open new mail in Tbird rather than Kmail? I've
> > looked in the Kontact and KaddressBook options, and in Kcontrol as
> > well (especially file associations). Where have I missed the setting?
> >
> > Sorry for the cross post, I'm not sure if KDE or kdepim-users was the
> > better place to post this. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Dotan Cohen
>
> Hi,
>
> To configure all KDE applications to prefer Tbird as a mail client do the
> following:
> Open ControlCenter -> KDE Components -> Component Chooser
>
> From the list select "Email Client" and set the path to your preferred
> application.

Thanks, Boyan. I don't seem to have "Component Chooser". Under "KDE
Components" I have (translated from local language):
-Spellcheck
-KDE performance/operations
-Startup manager
-File manager
-Services manager
-KDE resources
-File associations

I have checked under all of them and none of them have a place to
choose an email client. This is on Ubuntu with KDE installed (not
Kubuntu). What does the icon for "Component Chooser" look like? Maybe
I can identify it such.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/