NFS locks up the desktop

Andreas linuxdreas at dslextreme.com
Tue Jun 26 07:03:36 BST 2007

Le Montag, 25. Juni 2007, Dexter Filmore a écrit :
> Lemme know if it worked, willya? Tried compiling it on Kubuntu here but
> failed for resaons beyond the non-coder.

It seems like submount is not actively developed anymore and does not
install with newer kernels. Anyway, Google helped me out, and I found a
patch that worked for me here:
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/SOURCES/submount-subfs.patch?rev=1.2

I compiled and installed it, but didn't have the opportunity yet to actually
test if it keeps the desktop from freezing when my nfs share goes offline.

--
Gruß
Andreas