Kwalletmanager Issues

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss03 at volumehost.net
Wed Jun 20 09:29:24 BST 2007

On Wednesday 20 June 2007, Graham <sweeney276 at gmail.com> wrote about '[kde]
Kwalletmanager Issues':
> KMail keeps on saying that KDEWallet is not running, but KWalletManager
> specifically asks for my sudo password at start up.

It's not asking for your sudo password.  It's asking for the password set
on the wallet (which can be empty).  That might be the same as your sudo
password, but mine are different and they are configured in different
locations.

> sudo kwalletmanager

That will run a kwalletmanger for root, while KMail wants the kwalletmanger
for the current user.

> I simply want to make KDEWallet active for KMail, so that my passwords
> can be safely stored.  Can somebody tell me how this might be done?

I'll let you know the relevant settings once I'm back on my Gutsy box,
hopefully they haven't changed much.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03 at volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))