Sound problem

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Sun Jun 3 18:31:59 BST 2007

On Tuesday 29 May 2007, Kev Gilbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with sound on an R60 ThinkPad. The system-config-soundcard
> facility plays its test sound OK but KDE's Control Panel / Sound &
> Multimedia / Sound System / Test Sound is silent. The KMix controls all
> "seem" OK and artsd has used some CPU time.
>
> Any ideas?

Try the different settings in kcontrol regarding the hardware/audio device
(autodetect/Open Sound System/...)
Check if you get any errors when you hit the apply button after a change in
kcontrol.

You can also run artsshell and type "status" to see what artsd is currently
doing and which audio method: it is using. Check if that is correct.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Computers and Internet gave you freedom.
TCPA would TAKE your FREEDOM!  http://www.againsttcpa.com