How to tell konqueror to cache files locally before executing external programs?

Ph. Marek philipp.marek at bmlv.gv.at
Tue Jul 31 09:32:47 BST 2007

Hello everybody,

is there some way to tell konqueror to fetch files from certain protocols and
store them locally before invoking some external utility?

The contextmenu offers "Open with...", which cannot be used for most
programs - only a few know how to open "http://"-URLs, and only KDE-specific
understand "sftp://".

Can I configure kde to cache such files locally before starting the external
program? Either by protocol (say, "sftp://") or by program (like "only local
filesystem possible")?

Please keep me CCed, I'm already on too many lists :-)

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Phil