Kooka - Future Plans

John Layt johnlayt1 at yahoo.co.nz
Sun Jul 15 17:11:27 BST 2007

On Sunday 15 Jul 2007, Administrator wrote:
> I run Kooka with HPLIP on Kubunu Feisty and it is excellent.
>
> I very much need to do multiple page scanning. I can live with exporting to
> PDF using Open Office for so long but to have a PDF save with multiple page
> scanning would mean I could dump Windows in our office altogether. I know I
> am not alone.
>
> How far off is this?
> Would a specific Project directed developer donation help?

Hi,

Kooka is currently an un-maintained application with no active developement.
In fact, for KDE4 it is being removed from the core KDE distribution, but it
will still be available in the extragear module and so most distributions
will continue to include it.  I would look for someone to step up in the
KDE4.1 timeframe with a new and simplified scanning app that will probably
support multipage scanning.

Cheers!

John.