How can I take screen shots of individual windows

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Jul 11 20:39:51 BST 2007

On Wednesday 11 July 2007 20:44, Tim Wunder wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 July 2007 2:40:10 pm Nigel Henry wrote:
> > Sometimes I'd like to take a screenshot of an individual window. For
> > example I open the Konsole, and open Alsamixer in it.
> >
> > Is it possible to just take a shot of Alsamixer that's open in the
> > Konsole, rather than having to take a screenshot of the whole desktop?
>
> Change the capture mode in ksnapshot.
>
> HTH,
> Tim

Thanks Tim for the prompt. it works fine now, but I was confused when clicking
on "New Snapshot", and the Ksnapshot app disappeared. I thought it had
crashed, not realising that the mouse pointer had changed, and simply
clicking on the window I wanted to capture would bring it back.

Anyway I'm now capturing what I want.

Thanks.

Nigel.