Does kde media manager perform fsck when its due?

Sat Jan 27 13:21:09 GMT 2007

The subjects says it all.

Background:
I have had an internal SATA drive that i  have
used for several months now. Recently i shifted the drive into a USB
interfaced enclosure. It worked fine until a couple of days ago i
discovered that the filesystem gotcompletely corrupted.

Granted, there are unclean unmounts (power failures) but that has not
changed. Its always been that way. Previously fsck would run at boot
every 'X' number of mounts. I am not sure if this is done with USB drives
as well. Could be a reason?
--
Cheers!
kitts