capture output of a window

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Wed Jan 10 10:30:20 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 08:45, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a tool where I can capture the output of a window and save
> it as a video. I found some hacks using ImageMagick, or konstantin (which I
> did not yet got to compile). Anybody knows of an easy to install and use
> application that could do this.
>
> thanks.
>
> Sebastian

I've had very good results with vncrec - http://www.sodan.org/~penny/vncrec/
There is also vnc2swf - http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2swf/ - I can
generate swf movies with this, but I haven't been able to play the generated
movies.
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation