kmail problem

Bob Stia rnr at sanctum.com
Sun Feb 11 07:59:59 GMT 2007

On Saturday 10 February 2007 05:24, Boyan Tabakov wrote:
> On 10.2.2007 04:56:26 Bob Stia wrote:
> > On Friday 09 February 2007 02:47, Boyan Tabakov wrote:

> > Hello Boyan,
> >
> > Thanks for replying. I want kmail to download. That is the way I set
> > it up. Something else interfering with that.  As stated in my
> > original post I have disabled everything about the MTA in Yast.
> > What else can be causing this?
>
> Hi,
> This sounds weird. See the destination field in Configure KMail ->
> Accounts -> Your troublesome account. Is it inbox or something else?

Yes it does seem weird and No, it is inbox,

> Also see what do you have in ~/.fetchmailrc or similar config files.

Don't have a ~/.fetchmail directory or similar config file that are
readily apparent to me.

> Is your account's username mentioned anywhere in /etc config files?
> Type this command to see that:
>
> $ find /etc -print0 | xargs -0 fgrep <your account username>

As a regular user I get a long list of  /etc directories that all have
permission denied. Does not seem to have any relevance to the problem.
As root I get no output.

> or
>
> $ cd /etc ; grep -R <your account name> *

No output as user or root.

Not making much headway here. Any other ideas/suggestions?

Bob S.