kmail problem

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 10:24:28 GMT 2007

On 10.2.2007 04:56:26 Bob Stia wrote:
> On Friday 09 February 2007 02:47, Boyan Tabakov wrote:
> > On Friday 09 February 2007 06:25:56 Bob Stia wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > Just did a new install of SuSE 10.2. Set up kmail to send and
> > > receive mails from 3 separate addresses.
> > >
> > > The primary default address is automatically downloading the
> > > incoming messages as they arrive on the server and are being stored
> > > in /var/spool/mail. I had to setup a Local account in kmail to
> > > retrieve them.  I do not want this behavior and want to download the
> > > messages when I call for them and directly into the kmail inbox.
> > >
> > > It has to be fetchmail or procmail or whatever.  Went into Yast and
> > > deleted everything in the MTA section. (mail transfer agent?)  Did
> > > not change anything. Still getting the unwanted behavior. The other
> > > two mail addresses are acting normally.
> > >
> > > Anyone can give me an idea? Please?
> >
> > Hi,
> > How did you set up your default account to be automatically fetched?
> > Do you want KMail to download the messages, or the other MTA to
> > download them into KMail's folders? KMail stores the mail in
> > ~/kde/share/apps/kmail/mail with subfoders for each local folder (in
> > maildir format). You can configure fetchmail or whatever you use to
> > download the mail to store your mail there, and not in
> > /var/spool/mail. Or if you want KMail to do the downloading - just
> > configure your acount as POP and not local maildir.
>
> Hello Boyan,
>
> Thanks for replying. I want kmail to download. That is the way I set it
> up. Something else interfering with that.  As stated in my original post
> I have disabled everything about the MTA in Yast.  What else can be
> causing this?

Hi,
This sounds weird. See the destination field in Configure KMail -> Accounts ->
Your troublesome account. Is it inbox or something else?

Also see what do you have in ~/.fetchmailrc or similar config files. Is your
account's username mentioned anywhere in /etc config files? Type this command
to see that:

$ find /etc -print0 | xargs -0 fgrep <your account username>

or

$ cd /etc ; grep -R <your account name> *

--
Blade hails you...

The sun is sleeping quietly
Once upon a century