kmail problem

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 07:47:37 GMT 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007 06:25:56 Bob Stia wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Just did a new install of SuSE 10.2. Set up kmail to send and receive
> mails from 3 separate addresses.
>
> The primary default address is automatically downloading the incoming
> messages as they arrive on the server and are being stored
> in /var/spool/mail. I had to setup a Local account in kmail to retrieve
> them.  I do not want this behavior and want to download the messages
> when I call for them and directly into the kmail inbox.
>
> It has to be fetchmail or procmail or whatever.  Went into Yast and
> deleted everything in the MTA section. (mail transfer agent?)  Did not
> change anything. Still getting the unwanted behavior. The other two mail
> addresses are acting normally.
>
> Anyone can give me an idea? Please?

Hi,
How did you set up your default account to be automatically fetched? Do you
want KMail to download the messages, or the other MTA to download them into
KMail's folders? KMail stores the mail in ~/kde/share/apps/kmail/mail with
subfoders for each local folder (in maildir format). You can configure
fetchmail or whatever you use to download the mail to store your mail there,
and not in /var/spool/mail. Or if you want KMail to do the downloading - just
configure your acount as POP and not local maildir.

--
Blade hails you...

I know my dreams are made of you
Of you and only for you