K find usage?

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 15:55:48 GMT 2007

Thanks
Shame on me. I'd given up on the ? after finding that it doesn't do anything
in a number of apps. A pity really because they often tell me exactly what I
need to know. That is how to use the field/what's in it. Much better than
wading through the help files which can take ages to load.

I can't see that adding a simple multiple search path would complicate the ui.
Several paths separated by ; would just mean running kfind again. All the
typing would be a pain in some case if there was no not option but searches
could be named and retained as sort of favourites maybe. Not searching a path
(maybe ;!) shouldn't slow things down much providing it is restricted to
directory names that are of the root of the search. eg    \;!home;!root etc.

Thanks for the link but I have gained the impression that I would only know if
it was of much use to me if I loaded it. My impression is that it would be
useful but will not do what I want. Didn't kfind build a file index at some
point?

John

--
Regards