Change sound settings globally

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Feb 2 13:22:02 GMT 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007 09:00, Christoph Pleger wrote:

> I tried it on a test machine where I have full access rights and the
> account in which I changed the settings manually in the control center
> and where I tested after copying kcmartsrc into the global configuration
> directory was the same account. I deleted the whole ~/.kde-directory
> before testing.
>
> So the global setting cannot have been overridden by a per-user setting.

Maybe aRts has its own configuration and the settings stored in the control
center module's config are applied to the aRts config whenever it is changed
and kept in the control center module's file to have to available at the next
time.

I might have time later on today to check the sources.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring