Change sound settings globally

Christoph Pleger Christoph.Pleger at cs.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Feb 2 08:00:41 GMT 2007

Hello,

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 20:38:34 +0200
Boyan Tabakov <blade.alslayer at gmail.com> wrote:

> > No, it is not a home a computer, it will be a Linux terminal server
> > where I do not
> > even have the necessary access rights to change per-user settings
> > (because the home
> > directories are on a network file system).
>
> Well, I think that user's settings have priority when configuring user
>
> specific settings of the KDE environment. If you don't have
> administrative  access to their homedirectories, I don't think you'll
> be able to force such  settings.

I tried it on a test machine where I have full access rights and the
account in which I changed the settings manually in the control center
and where I tested after copying kcmartsrc into the global configuration
directory was the same account. I deleted the whole ~/.kde-directory
before testing.

So the global setting cannot have been overridden by a per-user setting.

Regards
  Christoph