no startkde scripts for KDE4

Franklin franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Wed Dec 19 05:47:03 GMT 2007

Joe Koenig's messages:
> * Franklin wrote:
> > However, I downloaded kdebase-3.97.0.tar.bz2 from kde.org, and there was
> > no such script inside.  Neither in the kdebase-runtime module.
>
> I'm probably of no help here, but:
> - how did you install it?  Which make/configure-options?

I downloaded kde4 rc2 source from kde.org, and then followed the building
guide on the website.  Extracting it, source .kde4rc (also got from the
website), running cmakekde, and it compiled and installed itself.

Anyway, I think that there should be such a script in the kdebase module...

> - did you run
>   updatedb; locate startkde
>   (as root)?

No.  I have a startkde script for kde3.  But it was installed on /usr and kde4
was installed on /opt/kde4.

> - which distro are you using?

Mandriva 2008

> BTW: Is KDE4 all that sexy?:
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/KDE_4.png
> *shiver* (think of it whatever you want)

Just wanna give it a try.  And, now I'm doing the kde translation, however the
kbabel could not process kde4 messages properly.  And my kaider could not run
on my kde 3.5.8 properly.  That's one of the reason I'd like to see kde4.

Thanks,

Franklin